The Gross National Debt

Friday, August 3, 2018

Writer rap & a sodee

Is this the write life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a plot twist
No escape from this hole I dug

Open my brain
Look up to the screen and see
I’m just a writer I need more coffee
Because I’m stuck in writer’s block hell
Laptop power lights go off
Any way the dialogue flows drives me to my knees, my knees

MOMMA, just wrote a line
Tapped the letters on the board
Hit return now it’s done

MOMMA! Writing had just begun
But now I’ve gone and realized it was crap.
Momma OooOOoOoOoo,
Didn’t mean to whine so much
I’ll make this damned character behave.
Writing on writing on, as if this is all that matters.

Too late! I missed the deadline
My editor is pissed off
Got brain cramps all the time

Good bye social life. I’ve got to write.
Gotta leave you all alone and tell the naked truth.
Momma OOooOoOoOoo (any way the ink flows)
I doan wanna edit
Sometimes wish I’d never written at allllll!

I see a little style of Associated Press
Copy boy, copy boy will you do the line kerning
Red ink and errors very very frightening me
Gutenberg, Gutenberg
Gutenberg, Gutenberg I hate you!

But I’m just a po writer nobody reads me.
He’s just a po writer with an English lit degree
Spare him a buck and buy his next novel
Never easy come or go will you let me write
Writing muse! No, we will not let you write - let him write
Writing muse! No, we will not let you write - let him write
Will not let you write
Not never let you write let me write
Never let me write poooo
Sh-t, Sh-t, Sh-t, Sh-t, Sh-t, Sh-t, Sh-t
Oh mama Mia, mama Mia, my editor let me write
Strunk & White have a manual set aside for me
For ME
FOR MEEEEEE!

So you think you can edit me and make me rewrite
So you think you can censor me and leave me to cry
Oh editor, can’t do this to me editor
Just gotta write out, Just gotta write out, write out this line

Oooo there Oooo there
I finally got the line
Lemme write it down
This one really matters, really matters you see

Any way you wanna read it



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.