The Gross National Debt

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Living the write life

Typos are the bane of my existence.  Even worse, getting the wrong ID under pictures. As happened in the grad magazine this week. (sigh).

Legendary outdoor writer Charlie Elliott said his last act on this world would be to crawl over to a typewriter to write something and hit the wrong key.

Seems like no matter how much, how hard and how often I edit something, STILL GONNA BE AN ERROR IN IT.

My latest book
Available May 25, 2018

has gone through multiple edits, multiple spelling and grammar checks and STILL I find typos.

Not that I am unique. Far from it. One of the most famous errors ever -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/11/17/the-new-bible-museums-wicked-bible-thou-shalt-commit-adultery/

Of the 12 or so books I have fully authored ... yeah, typos. Of the... probably more than 100 at this point... I have contributed to, OH YEAH typos galore.

Of the books I have produced for other people, one or two typos here & there. I suspect those books were edited even more than mine. Have to be, in fact. A book I'm currently assembling for another author has gone through multiple edits on the galleys (a galley is a pre-press copy). I still have to run a spell check on it.

Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.