The Gross National Debt

Friday, April 28, 2017

Travel Log II

A decent night's sleep. Decent. The bed is comfortable the AC is low and the only thing that bothered me was not having a clock so I'd know what time it was. Have to be in the lobby at 6:45 to meet CM for the fishing trip. Don't wanna be late.

Yes, you can call the front desk and ask for a wakeup call. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. More often than not it doesn't, at least for me.

Up at 5:30. Check various online stuff and worry about hackers stealing what's left of my identity through the hotel WiFi. I read an article in Wired Magazine this week about a Russian hacking syndicate that had the backing of the Russian government. While emptying bank accounts, the hackers also spied for their government or Julian Assange. The Wired article was not really clear about that.

As 6 a.m. approaches, I toddle downstairs to the restaurant. The hotel has given me a stack of "vouchers" for the breakfast buffet. A good thing too, I learn later. A gent wandered in without a voucher and had to drop $15 for the meal.

It is a good breakfast, sausage, eggs, BACON, grits, oatmeal, fruit, muffins & assorted bread. The motels I stay in offer a "continental" breakfast. I'm not sure what continent thinks breakfast is a few boiled eggs, almost cold apple and orange juice, bad coffee, stale bread and corn flakes. Whatever continent that is, needs to wake up and smell the bacon, like here. They had a pot with about 12 pounds of bacon in it.

Because I'm heading out fishing in a bit, I went light on breakfast,

I have vouchers for tomorrow's breakfast. I will hurt myself.

As I get ready to leave, two men begin to argue. I'm heading into the lobby and they begin swearing at each other, using various profanities. Hemorrhoids. I'm not saying they have hemorrhoids. I'm saying they are hemorrhoids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.