The Gross National Debt

Friday, January 10, 2014

More proof

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Proof of what you are certainly asking.

Proof that women and men are actually different, I reply.

Get a life, Baker, you say.

Have one, thankyouverymuchforasking. But today I come to you from the pages of Popular Science which is reporting on the Olympics. In a number of Winter Sports, women are injured a lot more than men.

Really.

In sports with women and men competitors, the figures show women come off worse for the wear, literally. In Snowboard Cross, a mind boggling 73 percent of the women recorded injuries v. 12 percent of the men.

Yeah. I'm still slack-jawed.

In the 19 sports studied, being the most popular sports, women injuries outpaced men injuries in 11 sports. The graph doesn't say if women compete in Curling and I'm not interested enough to see if women compete in curling. Ski Jumping allows women beginning this year so there's no data for other years. Nordic Combined also has an N/A so I guess women don't compete there either.

Men injuries significantly outpaced women only in Short Track Speed Skating.

Injuries were about even in Snowboard Half Pipe and Snowboard Slalom.

So of 17 sports both genders participate in, women pretty much rule the medical help after the event department.

I make no judgement calls, offer no opinions and make no claims. I merely find this interesting enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.