The Gross National Debt

Friday, September 14, 2012

Because right does not mean pleasant

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 

We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow.  
Henry Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston
Betcha.

With that in mind, I bring you this news.  I suspect a lot of people are gonna be quite stunned over this. The ACLU, the bastion of liberals (and liarberals) in the United States has taken up the case of a hate group?

Yeah. It's what they do.

As much as I personally do not like the ACLU, I adhere to the viscount's statement and I will take allies wherever I can get them.

I also strongly admire the ACLU for their defense of the KKK here.


I suspect some card-toting members of the ACLU are now tearing up their memberships, resigning and firing off letters to the ACLU, letters which are rather hate-filled too.


So tell me. Why is one person's hate speech acceptable and another person's hate speech is not?

"No hate speech is acceptable," you say.

Oh really? So you can't be hatin' on politicians any more. You can't be hatin' on the churches, the agnostics, the atheists. You can't be hatin' on the people who hate America. 
It's almost OK to hate this.

In fact, if you can't be hatin', I suspect we've just about  halved your ability to have any emotion.

In other words, if you are a typical person, a sizeable percentage of your emotion content is hate.

In other words, if you can't hate then what are you gonna do?

Yep. You CAN'T be hatin' on the KKK and that means letting the KKK have their say and adopt a highway, if you believe hate speech cannot be allowed.

G'head, hate me cause I'm correct and I'm poking  universe-sized holes in your cherished theories of the way the world should work. I'm just asking you to be fair to everyone and make sure the rules you apply to everyone else also apply to you.

Oops. You can't be hatin' on me.

Unless of course you are willing to allow hate speech. Then, fire it up. Gimme those incoherent rants and rip my head off. Call me names. Hate my world baby.  Convince me I'm right with every invective hurled my way.
FEED ME SEYMOUR! FEED ME!

Me? I'm all for hate speech, obviously, especially hate speech directed at armadillos, which is a whole 'nother subject.

I'm not going to hate you. There are a whole bunch of you I don't like, but I'm not gonna hate. I don't have time for that.

Back to the hate speech at hand. I do support the Georgia DOT decision to not give this group an "Adopt A Mile" highway, but not for the reasons you think.

I oppose it cause the KKK group ain't gonna do the litter pickup. They may once or twice when the media shows up. After that, nope. They won't. Most every KKK group in the nation which did the adopt a mile thing had it revoked after they would not do a litter pickup, unless goaded into it or the media was present.
Annnnnd the newspaper photog was willing to snap this pix.

Until the adopt a mile is revoked, this hate group will have a nice sign, at taxpayer expense, to announce their presence to the world.

Mebbe I'm wrong. Maybe they will do a trash pickup every six months. If so, more power to 'em and may they live long and prosper in their efforts to make their community look at little better.

If you object to that, then I ask you, when am I gonna see your "elbow and ass" on the the side of the road picking up trash?

If the KKK does the litter pickup and you continue to object, then I say with no hate at all intended, put up or shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.