The Gross National Debt

Friday, September 2, 2011

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Close enough for government work.
Drawing a blank today on the topic du jour. Had a couple of starts that fell apart a few 'graphs in. Looked all over for some subject matter and didn't see anything that struck me particularly.

So, got this one. Periodically some of the readers of this here ramblings will suggest a topic they want me to opine on.
Image from blog that failed to gel earlier.

How about you? Got something that you wonder what I may say about it? I fielded a suggestion a few minutes ago "addicting internet games" and I may get around to that one next week. Gotta let it gestate a bit since my thoughts on "addicting internet games" are well developed.

What about it? I'm pretty much game for about any topic, provided you understand there are some things I simply don't know anything about.

Which of itself could be a future column. Things I know nothing about. Except that one won't get very far. Ipso facto if I don't know anything about it, then it is impossible for me to write about it. How could I?

I note a complete lack of knowledge has never hampered politicians.
Eschew obfuscation.

I could write about things I am very passionate about, which I tried to do earlier with a peice about the coming deer season. Couldn't think of anything fresh to say.

Running out of things to say is definitely a problem. 25+ years of putting my thoughts on paper for others to read has NOT left me with a dearth of things on which to opine, but some of the stuff is only relevant and interesting to a few people.

Not that this bothers me. Even as I ask you for topics, I assure you - I write for myself. That others find it worthy of reading I find immensely gratifying, but I still do it for me..

So why don't I write about those things of interest only to a few, as I just mentioned?

Damfino. Maybe it's ennui from two weeks packed solid with massive amounts of work and little time to recover.

Could be I just need a break to get a mental oil change. That being so, if everything cooperates come Monday, Sept. 12, I'll be recharged, realigned, resurfaced and re-whatever.

 Maybe I just need to go sit in a deer stand for a few hours.

And that's how I spell relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.