The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

10mm carbine! WOOHOO!

Hi-Point is coming out with a 10mm carbine! YES!

If you are one of the Hi-Point haters, go away. Now.

If you are a Hi-Point fan, rejoice with me.

If you are not sure about Hi-Point, lemme slap some salient information on you.

I've owned, and sold at a profit, several Hi-Points. The last one I had and sold had a broke spring mechanism in the mag release. No telling how many people owned it before I got it. Anyway, the owner after me contacted Hi-Point.

The company repaired the gun at charge.

Show me another gun company that will do the same. You can't.

My first, and every HP I've owned since then, functioned without issue (excepting the broke mag spring). I took my first one to the range and ran a box of .45 ACP without issue. Straight from the box. Never had a misfire. Ever.

And the .45 ACP was, at the time $150 when a 1911 was running $500 and up.

MORE STUFF



The Hi-Points are big. Bulky. And, frankly, butt-ugly. These are not firearms for people with small hands or people who want gun safe queens. These are firearms for people who use their guns, demand function over appearance and don't care what other people say.

They work. Reliably. All the time. Experts who shoot 'em say the Hi-Point delivers every time.

As Joe Saxon said, you point it, pull the trigger and it goes bang. What more do you want?

How can the company sell so cheap and yet provide a gun that does all this? Other gun companies greatly over-price their products.

With an MSRP of $325-$379, the Hi-Point carbine should be available for under $300, I'm thinking $275.

Can you say TRUCK GUN? I knew you could.

The 10mm is enough bullet to stop dead anything that lives in South Georgia even when shot from a 6-inch handgun barrel. Coming out of a carbine, this is will rock.

Even better. Since it's a 10mm, I suspect we'll be able to shoot 40 caliber from it. May need to replace a spring or two to account for the lower recoil of the .40. Most people, I find, do not know that the 10mm and .40 S&W are the same diameter. The 10mm is just a longer case. Think .38 S&W, .38 Special, .357 Mag and .357 Max. Get a gun capable of shooting the .357 Max and you can shoot all four of the rounds I list here.

Witnesseth http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/jeremy-s/40-in-a-10mm-glock/


HI-POINT GUARANTEE


The Hi-Point promise - Damage, age, and plain old wear and tear – these things happen. When they do, Hi-Point customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just that – free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third.
Hi-Point service is fast, friendly and expertly performed. Your firearm will be back in action and good as new, in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.