The Gross National Debt

Thursday, May 15, 2014

It will die by my hand

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

They are not as visible as they once were, but I have two scars on my head from where I was attacked by a dog. The dog lived about another 90 seconds after the attack. The owner killed it immediately. A 12 gauge brought an abrupt end to the dog.

One of my own dogs was killed for attacking a child. I told Dad to do it as I couldn't. That took a .22 to the brain.

I still regret not killing a a dog that jumped my daughter. At the owner's request, I didn't kill it. When the dog later attacked one of his children, it was killed. I was packing a .38 snubbie that night so dispatching the dog really wasn't a problem.

A few moments ago I watched a video of a dog attack a child and a cat drive the dog away. The child's parents say they are not mad at their neighbors.

I am not mad at the owner of the dog who attacked me. I'm not mad at the owner of the dog who attacked my daughter. These people are still among my closest friends.

The dog is a different matter. Had that been my child who was attacked, the dog would be dead. I'd kill it to death and then some. Pistol, knife, club and if necessary, my bare hands choking or beating it to death.

Where I come from, dogs that attack children unprovoked die. If I see a dog attack a child today, I will kill it. No questions, no quarter. It dies as soon as I can manage it.

Dunno about you, but I happen to believe a child is worth far more than a dog.

If you have a problem with that, keep your dog away from children when I'm around.

While I'm on the subject, lemme reference Athena, a cocker spaniel who once resided with us. Athena joined us before my children came along, but once they got here, they were her children too.

Athena bit an adult, the same person on two different occasions, because that adult got between her and the kids. Now that is a dog I can support. As long as Athena was between the new-to-her adult and the kids, everything was fine.

A dog that protects children is entirely acceptable where I come from. For that matter, a cat who protects children is also acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.